If you want your housing needs assessed

From 30 September to apply for a home you will need to submit an application to the Council's Housing Register via Oldham Council's Housing Options service.

Once your application has been assessed and accepted onto the Council’s Housing Register, you will be able to view and bid on all available properties available across the borough.

In addition to our homes, Housing Options also includes available properties with other local housing associations including: The Guinness Partnership, Jigsaw Homes, Places for People, Onward, Regenda, ForHousing, Housing21, The Riverside Group, Anchor, Hanover and Great Places.

If you already have a MyMove Oldham account, you will still be able to access some of our ready-to-let homes from 30 September. These homes will have been initially advertised via the Council’s Housing Options property advert and if they were not successfully let from that advert will be displayed on the MyMove Oldham site and will be available on a first come first served basis.


What is bedroom need?

A bedroom need will be calculated based on the number of people in your household. This calculation is based on the Government Bedroom Standard, it's a little complicated but basically you will be allowed one bedroom for each:

- Couple living together as husband and wife, or same sex couples
- An individual aged 21 years or more
- Two persons of the same sex aged between 10 and 20 years
- Two persons of either sex aged under 10 years
- Two persons of the same sex where one is under 10 and the other is between 10 and 20 years

You will only be allowed to express an interest on homes which meet your bedroom need, or have one extra bedroom but in all cases you will need to show how you will afford to pay the rent - for example, Housing Benefit will not cover the cost of extra bedrooms.

Click to change the text size A A A